*Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Information*
Influenza flu is a highly infectious and potentially serious illness caused by influenza viruses. Each year the make-up of the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the influenza viruses that the world health organization decide are most likely to be circulating in the coming winter. Regular immunisation (vaccination) is given FREE of charge to the following 'at risk' people, to protect them from seasonal flu:
- People with a serious medical condition, such asthma, diabetes or heart problems, including children
- The main carers for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer becomes ill
- Healthcare or social care professionals directly involved in patient care.
(for categories of patients over 70 years of age)
If eligible for the shingles vaccine this Autumn, you will receive a letter from us inviting you to attend a Shingles Vaccine Clinic.
*Children's nasal flu immunisation*
This Autumn the vaccine will be available FREE on the NHS for eligible children. This includes:
- Children aged 2,3 and 4 on 31st August 2016.
- Children born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2014. These children will receive a letter from us inviting them to attend a clinic at the Lennard Surgery.
Children in school years 1,2 and 3 will be vaccinated at school.
*Private Flu Vaccinations*
If you are NOT in an 'at risk' group but would still like a flu vaccination, we offer these at a rate of £15. Please ask at Reception.
*BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!!*